Dina Keswani, Executive MBA '09
Dina Keswani, Executive MBA 09

Monday, December 17, 2007

Seasons Greetings!

This morning I woke up feeling a little festive and right then it dawned on me to update my final blog entry for 2007.

Yes its official -the first semester is finally over with only 3 more to go! Since the close of this first term, the last couple of weeks felt very different. I was and I am actually missing business school and those bi-weekly conference calls with my team mates. We were truly a fun team and it was a great working with Alex,Michele,Ryan and Vinu. I say Cheers! Team 13 - to splendid times and some amazing laughs.

The break commenced with the school hosting its annual holiday party early this month, at the Cornell Club (www.cornellclubnyc.com). Students appeared to share a sense of relief without the commitments of quizzes or exams to think about, atleast in the very near term. The party was organized "just right", and another after party at a quaint Scottish bar a few blocks away. It was indeed a good occasion to socialize, unwind and get set for the holidays.

Did I mention unwind? Since the last school weekend, I've been boxing on, working on high priority job related year-end deliverables, spending quality time with friends and family, catching up on that important reading, responding to emails from a few prospective students, and crossing off my to-do list, one at a time. I did squeeze in 'important reading' right? By the time classes begin again in January, we have just about 800 pages of prep reading to be done for the upcoming Economics course. Not forgetting the additional but required prep work for Cost Accounting, Operations and Negotiation classes as well. 'Tis the season to definitely start honing those speed-reading skills !

Will sign off for the year, wishing you a fantastic 2008 ahead. Do hope to make the best of it.